It's that time of year again -- where Jake gets bored enough to work on a .plan update. Let's see what happened between this time and last:
- Mepis Linux was uninstalled and replaced (successively) with installations of Windows XP, Windows 2003, Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows XP, and finally Windows 2003. Each OS has its own quirks and I'd have to say that Windows PE (BartPE) has saved about five of my computer repair customers from doomination. Right now I'm running Fedora Core 2; it's actually worked the best right from installation. If you're at all interested in Linux, I strongly suggest you check this one out. Also, you should visit FedoraFAQ for some different update sources.
- EWMS2 has been renamed and revamped and has evolved into a constantly beta content management system called Oxygen. More on this when school lets out.
- Got myself a new job at Maplesoft; wicked company and great people there. I'm convinced I want to be doing something with programming when I graduate from university.
- Installed a wireless network and then subsequently moved my system back into a wired location. Will be using the wireless network for redundant network access, troubleshooting and random other stuff.
- I need to write another article or two.
- Have I ever mentioned Neil's filtering of any URL that contains the string "game"? Yeah. CGIProxy with a proper encode/decode method resolves many of these issues.
- Warren's mother is a fox. (Not the Warren of Mepis Linux; the Warren of which I speak should know what this is all about.)
- DVD burning is fun. Enough said.